Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Modes

For my research paper, I will be writing about the U.S. foreign policies toward Latin-America and the political changes going on in many Latin-American countries as of result of those policies. The modes which I intend to use for writing this research paper are exemplification mode and descriptive mode. Exemplification mode requires the writer to use examples to back up his claims. And I intend to use some Latin-American countries where some U.S. policies are having negative effects as examples. The other mode which I might use is description mode. This mode gives the writer the freedom to try to appeal to the reader's senses, including Pathos, Logos and Ethos.

3 comments:

  1. Felipe-
    It's great to see that you are going to incorporate the ethos, pathos and logos into your research paper. You make it look like you really enjoyed incorporating those elements into your papers. I can’t wait to see how your paper turns out it seems interesting.
    Do you know a lot about foreign policies? Is this something that you think will be interesting or do you just want to know more about it? Please comment back because I’m interested about what or why people write about certain topics.
    -Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephani,

    First of all, I thank you for taking your time to read my blog. Stephani, to be honest, I don't know how much I know about foreign policies but, I would like to think that I know enough to write this research paper (hopefully). I kind of enjoy politics. Not that I want to become a politician but, I would like to become the politician's conscience. I find political ideologies extremely interesting! I think this is why I decided to write about foreign policies. I will focus on U.S. policies toward Latin-America. There for a while I was not too sure what I was going to write about and then my former country held some election which were won by the lefty candidate. I think this is what help me decided my topic for my paper.

    What are you writing about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your paper is going to be very interesting to read about. I think you would be on the right track to write in both of those modes within your paper, it would drive your point right to the readers and definately have an effect on them.

    ReplyDelete